edgeNEXUS Simplifies Load Balancing Complexity With Latest Advanced Load Balancer Release
Marlow, UK – 10 November 2014 – edgeNEXUS, the UK provider of advanced load balancing technology, today announced the general availability of its latest release, the Accelerating Load Balancer Extreme (ALB-X) v4. ALB-X delivers significant feature and performance enhancements, enabling organisations to improve the performance, scalability and reliability of their applications. With unprecedented ease of use, ALB-X can be implemented in a matter of hours with users only requiring a basic level of technical expertise to configure the product to meet their load balancing needs.
“Load balancers are an essential requirement to everyday application stacks such as Microsoft Exchange and Lync, web-based CRM and ERP applications, as well as external customer-facing websites. Therefore it’s essential that load balancers are easy to deploy, simple to configure and straight forward to manage,” commented Greg Howett, CTO, edgeNEXUS. “The edgeNEXUS ALB-X strips back load balancing complexity and is engineered and designed for an outstanding user experience. It is the epitome of plug-and-play.”
With an emphasis on both usability and high performance, edgeNEXUS is focused on simplifying the complexity surrounding advanced load balancing, which have long required dedicated, and specialist technical expertise to deploy and manage. As the market continues its transition to Software Defined Networking, there is increasing demand on the network requiring administrators to better understand and deploy application services, without the inherent complexity in network infrastructure.
Key features of the ALB-X v4 include:
- Clustering functionality – Users will now be able to seamlessly deploy multiple edgeNEXUS load balancers in a “cluster pool” for service resilience and scalability. An automatic synchronisation feature immediately replicates configuration settings onto clustered appliances for ease of use and fast deployment.
- More pre-configured deployment templates – A wide range of enterprise applications are directly supported in v4 thanks to the further development of jetNEXUS’ unique jetPACK deployment templates. These enable users to instantly configure their load balancer for a range of custom and industry-standard business applications in under a minute.
- New flightPATH traffic management rules – Administration is simplified by the addition of more flightPATH traffic management rules, which offer users an advanced and granular level of control over their service delivery. This now includes geo-location, which enables users to detect where a request is from and execute a specific action based on this information.
- Extended deployment options – ALB-X v4 deployment options now include virtual, hardware and an ISO image for greater investment protection and platform flexibility.
- Improved integration capabilities – The introduction of SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) API offers seamless integration into customers’ existing infrastructure management and provisioning tools.
In addition, ALB-X v4 features a new user interface which elegantly combines modern, clean design with a refined and intuitive navigation. Initial client feedback has been extremely positive with particular praise given to the new status page which allows users to monitor active connections and throughput to each server in close detail, for great control over service delivery.
Greg Howett concludes: “Our ethos is simple; to deliver the features that customers need in a format that they can effectively access and use. This informs all our product development. We’ve seen from other vendors that maintaining that balance can be complex; however we believe that edgeNEXUS ALB-X v4 successfully combines enterprise-class, feature-rich load balancing with a refreshingly simple and intuitive user experience.”