The Small Team
That Thinks Big
Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
About the Job
We’re looking for a Pre-Sales Technical Consultant to accelerate sales opportunities, partners, and accounts. You’ll support our Territory Account Managers in providing pre-sales technical support to our partners and customers. Specifically, a Pre-Sales Technical Consultant will be responsible for technical presentations, training, product demonstrations, and proof of concepts with partners and/or customers.
You’ll be expected to gain a thorough understanding of the edgeNEXUS products, in order to provide exceptional consultative, technical presentations and demonstrations. A edgeNEXUS Pre-sales Technical Consultant will be expected to understand how to apply edgeNEXUS solutions to customer environments, understand how to differentiate against competitive solutions and stay current with market and technology trends.
As a technical expert in the sales team, you’ll keep the sales team up to date on product positioning and updates as well as insights gained from partner and customer meetings. You’ll also be responsible for providing training and updates to our partners.
Minimum requirements for a edgeNEXUS Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
- You’ll be educated to degree standard or have equivalent experience
- You have a genuine interest in technology
- You have excellent written communications skills and an excellent telephone manner
- You’re comfortable presenting in person, via conference call, and web demo platforms
- You’re able to learn and understand technical information quickly
- You’re enthusiastic about meeting customers and have a desire to understand the issues they face
- You’re willing and able to make regular trips in order to meet customers and to participate in sales, marketing, and partner events
- You have very good knowledge of HTML, HTTP/S and other web development languages
- Ability to work without supervision and work to deadlines
- Ability to train and disseminate information within the wider technical community in partners and customers
Skills and desired experience:
- Previous application experience (programing, application delivery, application performance)
- Understanding of HTML and HTTP
- Microsoft Exchange, Lync
- Understanding of management and provisioning tools
- Understanding of computer networking
What would help?
- Experience working in a software company as a Pre-Sales Engineer would be desirable
- Experience working with Server Load Balancing technologies